Diversity Supplement Application Guidelines
The ECHO Program Office is pleased to offer an administrative supplement aimed at fostering diversity in the child health research workforce within the ECHO Program.
Notice of Special Interest: OD-20-098 Research Supplements to Promote Diversity in Environmental influences on Child Health Outcomes (ECHO) Program Research (Admin Supp - Clinical Trial Not Allowed). For funding consideration, applicants must include NOT-OD-20-098 in the Agency Routing Identifier field (Box 4.b) of the SF 424 (R&R) Form.
Eligibility: Candidates must be enrolled in a doctoral degree program toward completion of a terminal scientific degree (e.g., Ph.D., Sc.D., M.D.) or in Postdoctoral Training. Please note that faculty members are not eligible. ECHO Cohorts, Coordinating Center, Data Analysis Center, and PRO Core can apply, through the parent grant, under the stipulations in grant guidance PA-20-166. We will allow one application per award. For this cycle, the ECHO Institutional Development Awards (IDeA) States Pediatric Clinical Trials Network is not eligible.
Awards will provide up to two years of support.
Research Topics: Applications must: 1) address the mission of ECHO, 2) contribute to at least one of the ECHO Program’s five key pediatric outcomes: pre-, peri-, and postnatal; upper and lower airway; obesity; neurodevelopment; or positive health, and 3) contribute to ECHO-wide Cohort science.
Review Criteria: The ECHO Program Office will determine the merit of applications based on evaluation of the following components:
- Mentoring & Training Plan
- Research Plan
Guidance for Applicants
Mentoring and Training Plan
S. Sonia Arteaga, Ph.D.
Environmental influences on Child Health Outcomes (ECHO)
NIH Office of the Director
Application Materials Checklist
- One-page candidate statement
- Biosketch for the candidate
- Eligibility- all required elements described, including: Statement of Eligibility, Official transcripts, and References/ Letters of Support
Mentoring & Training Plan
- Biosketches for mentor, senior/key personnel
- Comprehensive candidate career development plan
- Mentor(s) track record
- Description of Training Environment
- Abstract of funded grant or project
- 5-page description of proposed research project, including: Specific Aims, Timeline of Research Activities, Description of Project